- The minimum configuration requirements for the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh.
- The frequently asked questions about the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh.
- The known issues with the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh.
- The significant fixes for the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh.
- The list of files that are included in the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh and the versions of these files.
For more information about installing, removing, upgrading, and downgrading MDAC releases, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
Release version numberMDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh (2.71.9040.2), May 2003
Release function This release provides almost the same version of MDAC that was released with Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1). The difference between the stand-alone Web release of MDAC and the version that is included as part of the operating system is that the stand-alone Web release of MDAC contains updated versions of the following files:
Release ship vehicle To download the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh (2.71.9040.2), visit the following MSDN Web site:
Localization information The MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh (2.71.9040.2) is available in the following languages:
- U.S. English
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
Minimum supported configurationThe following list describes the minimum supported configurations for the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh (2.71.9040.2):
- Microsoft Windows 98 with the Year 2000 Update 2 and Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows Millennium (Me)
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5 (SP5) or later and Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows 2000
New featuresThe MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh (2.71.9040.2) is not a new feature release.
Frequently asked questions about MDAC 2.7 SP1Q1: Where can I find specific Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles for MDAC 2.6?
A1: You can search the public
Knowledge Base and use the kbmdac270SP1 keyword.
Note You must only search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for specific technical information, not for bug-related issues. Many bug-related articles describe either fixed bugs or known bugs in this version of the product.
To search the Knowledge Base, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Q2: Where can I find more information about how to set up MDAC, including information about dependencies, supported operating systems, and rollback?
A2: For more information about these topics, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note This article was authored for MDAC 2.6, but it is still applicable for MDAC 2.7.
Q3: My application requires Microsoft Jet, but Jet is no longer included in MDAC. Where can I obtain Jet?
A3: MDAC versions 2.6 and later do not include Microsoft Jet.
For additional information about the issues involving Jet, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
A4: The Visual Fox Pro ODBC driver is included in Visual FoxPro, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Office 2000, and MDAC 2.5. It is not included with MDAC 2.7 or Windows XP.
Known issues with the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh (2.71.9040.2)This MDAC release has the following known issues.
- You cannot install the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh on Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 clustered servers. Do not install Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.6 or later on any SQL Server 7.0 clustered nodes. If you install MDAC 2.6 or later on any node in the cluster, directly or through the installation of another program, a catastrophic failure of the SQL Server Agent or other SQL Server services may occur.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:820754 MDAC 2.6 or later should not be installed on SQL Server 7.0 clusters
- The MDAC resource files that are included in the stand-alone release are different from the MDAC resource files that included as part of the Windows XP SP1 release. The resource files in the 2.7 SP1 stand-alone release are versioned 2.70.9001, and the resource files that included with Windows XP SP1 are versioned 2.70.7713.0. There is no functional difference between the different versions. For specific versioning information for this stand-alone release, see the file list table in this article.
- When you save a large recordset to the Advanced Data Tablegram (ADTG) format by using the Microsoft SQL Server OLE DB Provider (SQLOLEDB) and by setting the CursorLocation property to adUseServer, some data may be lost when the recordset is reopened from the file.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:317913 BUG: Data Loss When You Use the Save Method with adPersistADTG and adUseServer
- If you are running Microsoft Windows 98 or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me), when you try to roll your MDAC installation back to an earlier version, your computer will be left in a mixed state, and your files will not all be from the same version of MDAC. This is because of a problem with the setup technology that is included with Windows 98 and Windows Me.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:311720 MDAC rollback may fail on Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Millennium Edition
- File list differences exist between 32-bit and 64-bit installations. The following 32-bit MDAC files are not installed on the 64-bit MDAC installation:
- If you try to run the MDAC 2.6 Mdac_typ.exe file or the MDAC 2.7 Mdac_typ.exe file on Windows XP, the process appears to complete successfully, and a successful installation of the MDAC components is reported. However, no files are updated on your system. If you want to upgrade Windows XP to the original release of MDAC 2.7 SP1 (2.71.9030.9), you must install the Windows XP SP1 release. If you want to upgrade Windows XP to the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh (2.71.9040.2), you must upgrade Windows XP to Windows XP SP1, and then you must apply SQL Server 2000 SP3a (MSDE 2000 SP3a).
Significant fixes for the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh (2.71.9040.2)For additional information about the fixes that are included in the MDAC 2.7 Service Pack 1 Refresh release, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
File list for the MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh (2.71.9040.2) 32-bit version
|File name||Version (x86)||Description|
|Cliconfg.dll||2000.80.380.0||Client configuration utility|
|Cliconfg.exe||2000.80.380.0||Client configuration utility|
|Cliconfg.rll||2000.80.380.0||Client configuration utility|
|Dbnetlib.dll||2000.81.9031.3||Winsock oriented Net DLL|
|Dbnmpntw.dll||2000.81.9030.0||Named Pipes Net DLL for SQL clients|
|Ds16gt.dll||3.510.3711.0||ODBC 16-bit driver setup generic thunking|
|Ds32gt.dll||3.520.9030.0||ODBC driver setup generic thunking|
|Msadce.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB cursor engine|
|Msadcf.dll||2.71.9030.0||Remote Data Services data factory|
|Msadcfr.dll||2.70.9001.0||Remote Data Services data factory resources|
|Msadco.dll||2.71.9030.0||Remote Data Services data control|
|Msadcor.dll||2.70.9001.0||Remote Data Services data control resources|
|Msadcs.dll||2.71.9030.0||Remote Data Services ISAPI library|
|Msadds.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB data shape provider|
|Msaddsr.dll||2.70.9001.0||OLE DB data shape provider resources|
|Msado20.tlb||2.71.9030.0||ADO 2.0 type library|
|Msado21.tlb||2.71.9030.0||ADO 2.1 type library|
|Msado25.tlb||2.71.9030.0||ADO 2.5 type library|
|Msado26.tlb||2.71.9030.0||ADO 2.6 type library|
|Msadrh15.dll||2.71.9030.0||ADO rowset helper|
|Mscpx32r.dll||3.520.9030.0||ODBC code page translator resources|
|Mscpxl32.dll||3.520.9001.0||ODBC code page translator|
|Msdadc.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB data conversion stub|
|Msdaenum.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB root enumerator stub|
|Msdaer.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB error collection stub|
|Msdamg9x.dll||2.71.9030.0||Windows 98 migration DLL|
|Msdaora.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB Provider for Oracle|
|Msdaorar.dll||2.70.9001.0||OLE DB Provider for Oracle resources|
|Msdaosp.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB simple provider|
|Msdaprsr.dll||2.70.9001.0||OLE DB persistence services resources|
|Msdaprst.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB persistence services|
|Msdaps.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB interface proxies/stubs|
|Msdarem.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB remote provider|
|Msdaremr.dll||2.70.9001.0||OLE DB remote provider resources|
|Msdart.dll||2.71.9031.4||OLE DB runtime routines|
|Msdasc.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB service components stub|
|Msdasql.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB provider for ODBC drivers|
|Msdasqlr.dll||2.70.9001.0||OLE DB provider for ODBC drivers resources|
|Msdatl3.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB implementation support routines|
|Msdatt.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB temporary table services|
|Msdaurl.dll||9.1.9030.0||OLE DB RootBinder stub|
|Msdfmap.dll||2.71.9030.0||Data factory handler|
|Msjro.dll||2.71.9030.0||Jet and replication objects|
|Msjtes40.dll||4.0.2927.8||Jet expression service|
|Msorc32r.dll||2.573.9001.0||ODBC driver for Oracle resource library|
|Msorcl32.dll||2.573.9030.0||ODBC driver for Oracle|
|Msvcirt.dll||6.0.8168.0||C++ runtime library|
|Msvcrt.dll||6.0.8397.0||C runtime library|
|Mswdat10.dll||4.0.3829.2||Jet sort tables|
|Mswstr10.dll||4.0.3829.2||Jet sort library|
|Msxactps.dll||2.71.9030.0||OLE DB transaction proxies/stubs|
|Msxml3a.dll||8.20.8730.1||MSXML3 resource file|
|Msxml3r.dll||8.20.8730.1||MSXML3 resource file|
|Mtxdm.dll||1999.6.902.0||MTS connection pooling - ODBC driver manager|
|Mtxoci.dll||1999.6.854.0||MTS - Oracle OCI|
|Odbc16gt.dll||3.510.3711.0||ODBC 16-bit generic thunking|
|Odbc32.dll||3.520.9030.0||ODBC driver manager|
|Odbc32gt.dll||3.520.9030.0||ODBC driver generic thunking|
|Odbcbcp.dll||2000.81.9031.38||SQL Server ODBC driver BCP library|
|Odbcconf.dll||3.520.9030.0||ODBC driver configuration program|
|Odbcconf.exe||3.520.9030.0||ODBC driver configuration program|
|Odbccp32.cpl||3.520.9001.0||ODBC control panel|
|Odbccr32.dll||3.520.9030.0||ODBC cursor library|
|Odbccu32.dll||3.520.9030.0||ODBC cursor library|
|Odbctrac.dll||3.520.9030.0||ODBC driver manager trace|
|Oledb32.dll||2.71.9031.4||OLE DB core services|
|Oledb32a.dll||2.70.9001.0||OLE DB core services ANSI resources|
|Oledb32r.dll||2.70.9001.0||OLE DB core services resources|
|Psapi.dll||4.0.1371.1||Process status helper|
|Sqloledb.dll||2000.81.9031.18||OLE DB Provider for SQL Server|
|Sqloledb.rll||2000.81.9001.0||OLE DB Provider for SQL Server resource library|
|Sqlsrv32.dll||2000.81.9031.38||SQL Server ODBC Driver|
|Sqlsrv32.rll||2000.81.9001.0||SQL Server ODBC Driver resource library|
|Sqlunirl.dll||2000.80.728.0||SQL Server Unicode resource layer library|
|Sqlxmlx.dll||2000.81.9030.0||XML extensions for SQL Server|
|Sqlxmlx.rll||2000.80.382.0||XML extensions for SQL Server resource library|
|Vbajet32.dll||126.96.36.19968||Expression service loader|
Article ID: 842262 - Last Review: Jun 20, 2014 - Revision: 1