- The proxy script is split in two frames by using chunk encoding.
- The second frame only has the endmarker of the chunk.
Enable the fix if you are running Internet Explorer 6 SP2 or Internet Explorer 6 SP1If you are running Internet Explorer 6 SP2 or Internet Explorer 6 SP1, you must enable the fix after you install the update. To do this, follow these steps.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type FEATURE_FIX_CHUNKED_PROXY_SCRIPT_DOWNLOAD_KB843289, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- In the Data value box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 843289 - Last Review: May 30, 2013 - Revision: 1