SymptomsWhen you try to share a record with more than 20-50 users or you try to assign a record with 20-50 child records at the same time in Microsoft CRM, you receive the following error messages:
CauseWhen you share a record with approximately 20-50 users at the same time, Microsoft CRM times out and cannot complete the request. When you copy a security role with large or complex business unit hierarchies, the Microsoft CRM application times out and cannot complete the request.
Resolution 1If you anticipate sharing records with more than 20 people at the same time, we recommend that you create teams to use for sharing. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Settings, click Business Units and Settings, click Teams, and then click Create a team to include all the users you want to share the record with.
- Go into the record and share that record with your newly created team.
Resolution 2You can also extend the length of the time-out on the Microsoft CRM server by following these steps:
- On the Microsoft CRM server, locate System Drive/WINNT%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.0.3705\Config.
Note For Microsoft Windows Server 2003, the WINNT% folder will be titled WINDOWS.
Note For The .NET Framework 1.1, the v1.0.3705 folder will be titled v1.1.4322.
- Right-click the Machine.config file, and then click Open With. Click Notepad, and then click OK.
- Search by using executionTimeout="90", and then change the default value of 90 to 1200.
- Search by using responseDeadlockInterval="00:03:00", and then change the default value of 00:03:00 to 00:20:00
- Save your changes, and then close the Machine.config file.
More informationFor additional information about copying security roles, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID:32673
Article ID: 861319 - Last Review: Mar 27, 2008 - Revision: 1