Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not using the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo resolve this issue, use an account that is a member of the Administrators group to log on to the computer. Then, follow these steps to specify that Security log events can be overwritten:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
- Right-click Security, and then click Properties.
- In the Log Size area of the Security Properties window, click the Overwrite events as needed option under When maximum log size is reached.
- Click OK.
- Close Event Viewer.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an
Article ID: 867860 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3