InfoPath cannot open the selected form. The form or its associated form template are from a restricted security zone and may be unsafe.
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods.
Method 1Put your Office InfoPath 2003 forms in templates in a security zone where active scripting is enabled. For example, put your forms in a local intranet location.
Method 2Important These steps may increase your security risk. These steps may also make your computer or your network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We recommend the process that this article describes to enable programs to operate as they are designed to, or to implement specific program capabilities. Before you make these changes, we recommend that you evaluate the risks that are associated with implementing this process in your particular environment. If you choose to implement this process, take any appropriate additional steps to help protect your system. We recommend that you use this process only if you really require this process.
- In InfoPath, click Tools, click Form Options, and then click the Security tab.
- Click to clear the Automatically determine security level based on the form's design check box.
- Click to select Domain.
- The InfoPath security setting applies only to the current form. It does not affect other forms.
- The Domain option enables the form to access files or resources within the same domain by using the user's credentials. The user is prompted if the form tries to access files or resources in another domain.
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
- Under Select a Web content zone to specify its security zone, click Internet, and then click Custom Level.
- In the Scripting section under Active scripting, click Disable, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the dialog box, and then close Internet Explorer.
- Open InfoPath.
- On the File menu, click Design a Form.
- Click New Blank Form.
- On the File menu, point to Preview Form, and then click Default.