This article is intended for a beginning to intermediate computer user.
You may find it easier to follow the steps if you print this article first.
Install the latest service packIf the computer has Internet access, you can download and install the latest Office 2003 service pack from either the Microsoft Update Web site or the Office Update Web. Both sites will automatically prompt you to download and install the latest service pack.
- Microsoft Update (recommended)
To download the service pack from Microsoft Update, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Office Update
To download the service pack from Office Update, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Note: If you experience issues installing the latest Office 2003 service pack from Office Update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. 304498 How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation from the Office Update Web site
Download the latest service packIf the computer that you want to install the latest Office 2003 service pack to is not connected to the Internet or if you want to download the latest Office 2003 service pack and install later, you can download the latest service pack from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Release date: September 18, 2007
To download this service pack, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Obtain a CD-ROMMicrosoft Office 2003 service pack or replacement CDs can be obtained for North America only. The Service Pack Cd will contaim:
- Office 2003 Service Pack 3
Microsoft Office Visio 2003 Service Pack 3 (included on the Office 2003 CD-ROM)
Microsoft Office Project 2003 Service Pack 3 (included on the Office 2003 CD-ROM)
To order this CD-ROM visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Start an Office 2003 program.
- On the Help menu in the Office 2003 program, click About Microsoft Office program name.
In this step, program name is a placeholder for the Office 2003 program that you started in step 1. For example, on the Help menu in Microsoft Office Word 2003, click About Microsoft Office Word.
- In the About Microsoft Office program name dialog box, the first line of text will indicate which service pack, if any, you have installed.
For example, the
About Microsoft Office Word dialog box lists the following if you have Office 2003 SP3 installed:Microsoft Office Word 2003 (version #) SP3The version number will vary if you have installed other updates to Office 2003 or to Word 2003 after you installed Office 2003 SP2.
Article ID: 870924 - Last Review: Aug 16, 2012 - Revision: 1