To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program.
Name: Microsoft Help and Support Center
Data Execution Protection helps protect against damage from viruses or other threats. Some programs may not run correctly when it is turned on. For an updated version of this program, contact the publisher.
Close Message, the Help and Support Center quits.
- Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click
Settings under Performance.
- Click the Data Execution Preventiontab.
- Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
- Click Add, and then locate the Helpctr.exe file in the following folder: C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Binaries
- Click Open.
- If the Help and Support Center check box is not selected, click to select the check box.
- Click OK, and then restart your computer.
Other names that are used to describe this functionality are no-execute and execution prevention.
Article ID: 873158 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3