- When the HBA is surprise removed, the Storport process does not release the devnode. Additionally, the Storport.sys driver does not use ReportLUN data after a CHECK condition occurs.
- The Storport process does not use the smaller of the sense info lengths when it unmaps the sense buffer. A sense info length is the length of failure information that is provided by the small computer system interface (SCSI) target after a CHECK condition occurs.
Note An example of a SCSI target is a disk failure.
- The Storport process calls the KeAcquireSpinLockAtDpcLevel() routine while Storport is below the deferred procedure call (DPC) dispatch level.
- The Store trace file (Stortrce.h) is not fixed for Microsoft Visual C++ .cpp files. Stortrce.h is an include file that has parameters to build the Storport.sys driver.
- The Storport.sys driver loses an I/O Request Packet (IRP). Therefore, the I/O and any dependent I/Os stop responding (hang).
- A bogus _SCSI_ADAPTER_BUS_INFO pointer definition of assertions is used for checked 64-bit Windows binaries.
- The StorPort.sys:IOCTL_SCSI_GET_INQUIRY_DATA I/O control (IOCTL) does not set the NextInquiryDataOffset field for the last logical unit number (LUN) to 0. Therefore, it does not signal the end of the LUN list as expected.
- The Storport set device queue depth is not used effectively. The Storport set device queue depth may be set to a default value despite attempts to override the configurations.
- The DbgValidateSrb (Xrb->Srb) and RaGetSrbExtensionSize (Xrb->Adapter) asserts do not exempt Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) requests. WMI requests do not return the expected buffers.
- The initial LUN Reset is not called correctly.
Update informationThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
32-bit editionDownload the 883646 package now.
64-bit editionDownload the 883646 package now.
Release Date: November 12, 2004
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesNo prerequisites are required.
Restart requirementYou must restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix replaces the hotfix that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Windows Server 2003, 32-bit editions
Date Time Version Size File name
08-Sep-2004 22:13 5.2.3790.217 72,704 Storport.sys
Windows Server 2003, 64-bit editions
Date Time Version Size File name Platform
24-Sep-2004 00:08 5.2.3790.217 251,392 Storport.sys IA-64
Article ID: 883646 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4