To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
For additional information about this hotfix, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, type Odbccp32.cpl, and then click OK.
- In the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog box, click your Sybase DSN, and then click Configure.
- In the ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol Driver Setup dialog box, click the Performance tab.
- In the Select Method box, click 0 - Cursor, and then click OK.
- Start Access. Open the Access database.
- On the Tools menu, click Database Utilities, and then click Linked Table Manager.
- In the Linked Table Manager dialog box, click the linked Sybase tables that you want to update, click to select the Always prompt for new location check box, and then click OK.
- In the Select Data Source dialog box, click your Sybase DSN, and then click OK.
- Complete the log on information in the Logon to Sybase dialog box, and then click OK.
- In the Linked Table Manager dialog box, click OK.
- User DSN
- System DSN
- File DSN
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 884404 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2