This article describes how to use Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 on a Macintosh computer.
System requirementsTo use Live Meeting 2007 on a Macintosh computer, your computer must meet the minimum system requirements that are listed on the following Microsoft website:
Note If you experience any issues when you connect to a Live Meeting session through an SSL connection, and you are using a proxy server, there may be a configuration conflict between the proxy server and your Macintosh computer. Try to bypass the proxy server to connect directly to the Live Meeting session.
To determine which version of Safari is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- Open Safari, and then click About Safari on the Safari menu.
- Note the version number. For example, "Safari 4.0.4."
To determine what version of Mac OS X is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- Click the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of the screen, and then select About This Mac.
- Note the version number. For example, "Mac OS X Version 10.5.8."
To check the Java version, follow these steps:
- Open the Hard Drive icon on the Desktop.
- Browse to Applications, and then click Utilities.
- Open Terminal.
- Type the following command, and then press Enter: java -version
- Note the version number.
To open Java Preferences, type the following command, and then press Enter:
/Applications/Utilities/Java\ Preferences.app/Contents/MacOS/Java\ Preferences
To enable the Java Plug-in on Macintosh, follow these steps:
- Open the Java Preferences window.
- Click to select Run applets: in their own process.
- Restart your browser for the settings to take effect.
Attendee and presenter functionalityThe Live Meeting console provides full support for all attendee functions in a Live Meeting session. The Live Meeting console provides limited support for presenter functions. The following presenter functions are not supported:
- Uploading a presentation to a meeting
- Creating a Snapshot slide
- Creating a Sharing slide
- Sharing an application or a view
RecordingsAlthough a presenter can create a recording of a meeting by using a Macintosh computer, currently Live Meeting recordings do not play correctly on a Macintosh computer. This is because the recordings use a media compression format that is incompatible with Windows Media Player 9 Series for Mac OS X.
Add-insThe Live Meeting Add-in for Microsoft PowerPoint is not available for PowerPoint for Mac.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 884961 - Last Review: Nov 23, 2011 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007