Update informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Update for Windows XP (KB885222) package now.
Release Date: December 17, 2004
For more information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo install this update, you must have Windows XP SP2 installed.
Restart informationYou must restart your computer after you install this update.
Update replacement informationThis update is not replaced by any later hotfix or update.
Registry informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
After you install this update, if you add a host controller for a new 1394 device to your computer, you must add or modify the SidSpeed entry in the Windows registry for the new 1394 host controller. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\1394_hc_hw_id\1394_instance_id\Device Parameters
- If the SidSpeed value does not exist in the right pane after you click the Device Parameters subkey in step 2, create it. To do this, point to New on the Edit menu, click DWORD Value, type SidSpeed, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click SidSpeed, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type one of the values that are shown in the following table, and then click OK.Note If you try to use a value that is larger than 3, SidSpeed will use a value of 0 (S100 speed).
Value Speed 0 S100 speed 1 S200 speed 2 S400 speed (default value) 3 S400/S800 speed (Windows XP Service Pack 1 [SP1] value)
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Open Device Manager. To do this, right-click My Computer on the Start menu, click Manage, and then click Device Manager under System Tools. You can also click Properties under My Computer, and then click Device Manager on the Hardware tab.
- Locate your FireWire controller in the IEEE 1934 Bus host controllers section.
- Right-click the FireWire controller entry, click Properties, and then click the Details tab.
- Click Device Instance Id. You see a string of letters and numbers that is similar to the following: PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8020&SUBSYS_00D81028&REV_00\4&19FD8D60&0&60F0The information between the two slash marks (\) is the “1394_hc_hw_id". “VEN_104C&DEV_8020&SUBSYS_00D81028&REV_00” is the hardware ID in this example. The information that follows the second slash mark (\) is the “1394_instance_id”. “4&19FD8D60&0&60F0” is the instance ID in this example.
File informationThe English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
04-Nov-2004 20:59 5.1.2600.2549 6,656 Cstupd1394sidspeed.dll
04-Nov-2004 19:33 5.1.2600.2549 61,184 Ohci1394.sys
Article ID: 885222 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3