When you use the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard to install a Bluetooth handheld device, the communications (COM) port number does not appear on the Finish page of the wizard. Because your handheld device requires an incoming COM port, you cannot complete the installation of the handheld device.
- Turn on the handheld device.
- On your computer, click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK.
- Click the Com Ports tab, and then click Add.
- Click Incoming (device initiates the connection), and then click OK.
- Write down the COM port numbers that are listed.
- On your computer, install the software that came with your handheld device, including the HotSync software. When you are prompted to choose a COM port, use one of the COM ports that you wrote down in step 5. If the port does not work, use another port.
Article ID: 885365 - Last Review: Sep 10, 2004 - Revision: 1