Error: Access is denied.
- The Document.Domain property is explicitly defined in a cross-frame script. For example, microsoft.com.
- One of the following conditions is true:
- You have Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed.
- You have Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed and then you install the cumulative security update for Internet Explorer (MS04-025).
For additional information about the cumulative security update for Internet Explorer (MS04-025), click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:867801 MS04-025: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
back to the top
back to the topWarning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Quit Internet Explorer 6.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
- Type FeatureControl, and then press ENTER.
- With the FeatureControl subkey selected, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click Key.
- Type FEATURE_DOC_WRITE_DOMAIN_KB886184, and then press ENTER.
- With the FEATURE_DOC_WRITE_DOMAIN_KB886184 subkey selected, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type Iexplore.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click Iexplore.exe, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
Date Time Version Size File name
09-Feb-2005 01:36 6.00.2800.1493 2,699,776 Mshtml.dll
Article ID: 886184 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3