- You are trying to make a client connection to a computer that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
- You are trying to make a client connection to Exchange Server 2003 by using remote procedure call (RPC) over Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DumpsterAlwaysOn, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click DumpsterAlwaysOn.
- Type 1 in the Value data area, click Decimal in the Base area, and then click OK.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Restart Outlook.
Article ID: 886205 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3