Additionally, events that resemble the following events are logged in the Application log:
- Virus scanning software
Note Antivirus software can corrupt the log files or the cache files if it locks the file for scanning while ISA Server tries to access the file.
- Backup software
- Third-party ISA Web filtering software
- Server monitoring software
- Hard disk or disk controller hardware errors
Note An antivirus program is designed to help protect your computer from viruses. You must not download or open files from sources that you do not trust, visit Web sites that you do not trust, or open e-mail attachments when your antivirus program is disabled.
For more information about computer viruses, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Remove or disable any third-party ISA Server Web filtering software. Contact the third-party vendor for help and to determine whether an upgrade is available.
- If you are running antivirus or backup software, make sure that you exclude the ISALogs folder. By default, the ISALogs folder is located in the folder where you installed ISA Server. Typically, this location is Drive:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server.
- Try to move the log folder to a different physical hard disk or to a different logical hard disk drive.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Locate the Microsoft Web Proxy service.
- Make sure that the service indicates a status of Started.
- If the service is not running, right-click Microsoft Web Proxy, and then click Start.