You create a sales process for the Opportunity object in Microsoft CRM 1.2. When you click the Sales Process tab of the Opportunity object, you receive the following error message:
“Error: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'SEMICOLON'. Line 1 position 1780”
This problem occurs if the subject title of an activity contains any one of the following special characters:
- Ampersand (&)
- Angle bracket (< or >)
- Quotation mark (")
- Apostrophe (')
Microsoft CRM has a fix for this problem that is part of a cumulative update. The cumulative update information is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
904435 Update Rollup 2 is available for Microsoft CRM 1.2
Steps to reproduce the problem
- On the Microsoft CRM server, click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft CRM, and then click Workflow Manager.
- In the Workflow Manager Logon dialog box, enter the name of the Microsoft CRM server in the Target Microsoft CRM server box, and then click OK.
- In the Object list, click Opportunity, click Sales Process in the View list, click File, and then click New.
- Type OppRule1 as the rule name in the Select the Event list, click Manual, and then click OK.
- In Common Tasks, click Insert Stage, type Stage 1 in Stage Name box, and then click OK.
- In the Create a Sales Process dialog box, click to select add actions here, click Insert Action, and then click Create Activity.
- In the Subject box, type Workflow & Activity as the subject title for the activity. In the Type list, click Task, click OK, and then click Save.
- Right-click the OppRule1 rule, and then click Activate.
- Open Microsoft CRM, click Sales, click Opportunity, click New Opportunity, enter all the required fields, and then click Save.
- Click Actions, click Apply Rule, click Sales Process, and then click OppRule1.
- Click Activities, and then click the Sales Process tab. You receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
Article ID: 887842 - Last Review: Jun 2, 2006 - Revision: 1