- Windows Messenger does not notify you that you have received new e-mail in your Hotmail account.
- Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express starts instead of the Hotmail Web site appearing when you click My E-mail Inbox on the File menu in Windows Messenger.
- There is no link in Windows Messenger that displays the number of new e-mail messages that are present in your Hotmail Inbox.
- The default e-mail program is set to Outlook or to Outlook Express in Microsoft Internet Explorer. Therefore, you will not be able to automatically sign in to your Hotmail account.
- Your installed copy of Windows Messenger is version 4.7.2009 or a later version.
Article ID: 888068 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4