Error: Access is denied.
- The domain property is explicitly defined in a cross-frame script. For example, the domain property is Microsoft.com.
- One of the following is true:
- You have Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed.
- You have Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed, and you install the cumulative security update for Internet Explorer (MS04-025).
For additional information about the cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:867801 MS04-025: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesYou must have Windows XP SP2 installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart informationYou must restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfixes.
Registry informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Exit Internet Explorer 6.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
- Type FEATURE_DOC_WRITE_DOMAIN_KB886184, and then press ENTER.
- With the FEATURE_DOC_WRITE_DOMAIN_KB886184 subkey selected, on the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type Iexplore.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click Iexplore.exe, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Hotfix file informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
10-Feb-2005 17:19 6.00.2900.2608 3,008,000 Mshtml.dll