Try one or more of the following:
* Open and Repair the file.
* Open the file with the Text Recovery converter.
(C:\Documents and Settings\...\test.doc)
Service pack informationThis workaround is available in Office 2003 Service Pack 2. To use the workaround, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the hotfixThis workaround is included in the Word 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated December 14, 2004. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Quit Word 2003.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type BulletProofOnCorruption, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click BulletProofOnCorruption, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.