- You have a Bluetooth device and software installed on your computer.
- You upgrade your computer to Windows XP SP2.
- A previously installed Bluetooth driver is provided by a third-party or OEM.
Method 1: Use the /o command-line switchTo overwrite the third-party or OEM files without a prompt, use the /o command-line switch when you run the Setup program for Windows XP SP2.
For additional information about the /o command-line switch, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Method 2: Update the Bluetooth device driverTo update the Bluetooth device driver, complete the Windows XP SP2 update, and then follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
- On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
- Right-click your Bluetooth device, and then click Properties.
- On the Driver tab, click Update Driver.
- Follow the instructions in the Hardware Update Wizard.
Article ID: 891595 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3