- You cannot copy or move the folder between the Exchange mailbox and the Outlook.com mailbox.
- You receive one of the following error messages:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003Cannot copy this folder as it may contain private items
- Microsoft Outlook 2002Cannot copy folder; access is denied. To check your permissions for the folder, right-click the folder, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu. See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- To move the folder to another mailbox, drag the folder to the other mailbox.
- To copy the folder to another mailbox, press the CTRL key, and then drag the folder to the other mailbox.
Note When you repeatedly copy or move a folder between mailboxes, the folder may lose several properties. For example, the original data regarding the date and time of the mail items will be replaced with the date and time of the copy action or the move action.