When you try to install a Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Office 2003 or Microsoft Office XP program, you experience the following symptoms:
- The Setup program unexpectedly quits.
- The active Setup dialog box disappears.
- You do not receive an error message.
To resolve this problem, examine each local hard disk for errors. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open My Computer.
- Right-click the first hard disk that is listed, and then click Properties. Typically, the first hard disk is drive C.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Click Check Now.
- Click to select both the Automatically fix file system errors check box and the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box. Then, click Start.
- Click Yes if you receive the following message:
If you do not receive this message, the disk scan starts. Click OK, and then restart the computer.
- When the disk scan is finished, repeat steps 2 through 6 for all remaining hard disks on the computer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.