- The Web site that you try to view uses Integrated Windows authentication.
- The application pool for the Web site recycles during the authentication process.
- The application pool recycles after the first step of the Integrated Windows authentication process.
- However, the application pool recycles before the second step of the Integrated Windows authentication process.
- Click Start, click Run, type inetmgr, and then click OK.
- Expand the name of the computer on which you want to configure application pool recycling, and then expand Application Pools.
- Right-click the application pool that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
- On the Recycle tab, configure one of the metrics so that IIS recycles less frequently.
Note IIS 6 application pools support several metrics. These metrics include the time elapsed, the number of requests, and the specified time to recycle an application pool. If an application pool has a metric that causes the application pool to recycle frequently, you will experience this issue more frequently.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 902160 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3