- The following error code appears in the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Internet Explorer window:0x8007041D
- If you try to stop the Automatic Updates service, you receive the following error message:Error 1054: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
- The Eset NOD32 antivirus program is running on the computer.
- The NOD32 antivirus version is earlier than NOD32 version 2.50.23.
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, determine whether the NOD32 antivirus system appears under Currently installed programs.
<date> <time> -0700 932 3a8 Service received SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP control
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate: Failed to stop service wuauserv, error = 0x8007041D
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup * WARNING: Exit code = 0x8007041D
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup *********
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup ** END ** Setup: Installing client binaries
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup *************
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup FATAL: InstallUpdatedBinaries failed with error 0x8007041d
<date> <time> 3696 d58 WUWeb FATAL: InstallUpdatedBinaries failed with error:0x8007041d
Article ID: 902322 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3