Method 1: Remove the programTo resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Remove the program from the computer by using an anti-spyware program. If you do not have an anti-spyware program, you can download the Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware program. To download the AntiSpyware program, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Under Currently installed programs and updates, see whether the following programs are listed:
- Easy Installer
- System Mechanic
- HP Component Manager
- Delete the temporary files on the computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type cd\windows\temp, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type del *.tmp, and then press ENTER.
- Empty the Recycle Bin. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the desktop, double-click Recycle Bin.
- On the File menu, click Empty Recycle Bin.
- Reinstall Works, Student, or Encarta.
Method 2: Set Ad Aware to manual mode and quit Ad-WatchIf following the steps in the "Method 1: Remove the program" section does not resolve the problem, and if Ad Aware is installed on the computer, set Ad Aware to manual mode, and then quit Ad-Watch. To do this, follow these steps:
- Set Ad-Watch to manual mode.
Note You must perform this step.
- Quit Ad-Watch.
- Install Works, Student, or Encarta.
- Restart Ad-Watch.
- Accept the changes that Ad-Watch detects as they appear on the screen.
Article ID: 902330 - Last Review: Sep 12, 2011 - Revision: 1