Microsoft has released Excel 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package (Analys32.xll) for Microsoft Office Excel 2003.
This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package.
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package.
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix package contains.
This article describes the Office Excel 2003 issue that is fixed in the hotfix package that is dated November 7, 2005.This hotfix package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- In Excel 2003, the ACCRINT function returns a different result than in Microsoft Excel 97 for Windows.
In Excel 97 for Windows, the ACCRINT function returns the accrued interest from the first_interest date parameter to the settlement date parameter.
However, in Microsoft Excel 2000 and later versions of Microsoft Excel, this behavior was changed so that the ACCRINT function returns the total accrued interest for all periods. Now, the ACCRINT function returns the same result as when the first_interest date parameter is set to a date that is equal to or less than the first period in Excel 97 for Windows.
Service pack informationThis problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3.To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
870924 How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThe following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 installed.For more information about Office 2003 SP2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:887616 Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 2
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Service Pack 2 installed or Microsoft Office 2003 with Service Pack 1 installed. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on Office 2003 with Service Pack 2 than we have on Microsoft Office 2003 with Service Pack 1. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Microsoft Office 2003 with Service Pack 1, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
Registry informationYou do not have to create any registry keys or modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists.
The global version of this hotfix uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
After the hotfix package is installed, the global version of this hotfix package has the file attributes, or later file attributes, that are listed in the following table.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For more information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft product updates, tools, and add-ons
Article ID: 904826 - Last Review: Feb 16, 2017 - Revision: 3