Service pack informationThis problem is corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3. To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
After you install the service pack, follow the steps that are listed in the "How to enable the hotfix" section of the article to set the UseLegacyCacheSize registry key and to activate the hotfix.
How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package that is dated December 6, 2005. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to enable the hotfixWarning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Quit Outlook 2003.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\PST
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type UseLegacyCacheSize, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click UseLegacyCacheSize, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3.
Article ID: 907651 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4