When you synchronize a Microsoft Windows Mobile device with a personal computer, you receive an error message that is similar to the following:
Unable to Connect...
The problem occurs because one of the following conditions is true:
- You have a version of Active Sync prior to ActiveSync 4.0 and you enabled the Use mobile schedule to sync with this PC option.
Note This option has been removed from ActiveSync 4.0 and from later versions of ActiveSync.
- You turn on the flight mode on the device, or you turn off the radio.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Use one of the following methods to resolve this issue:
Method 1: To resolve this issue download the latest version of ActiveSync for your device. To Download ActiveSync version 4.5 for Windows XP or earlier versions of the operating systems, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx
Method 2: Turn off flight mode and reset the Sync so that it does not use mobile schedule to sync.
- To Download ActiveSync version 4.5 for Windows XP or earlier versions of the operating systems, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx
- To Download Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista or Win 7, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx
- For more information about how to sync your phone and computer, visit the Microsoft Windows Mobile forum for Activesync and Windows Mobile Device Center: http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/windowsmobileactivesync/threads/
- For more information about Windows phones, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/default.mspx