When you try to install Microsoft Age of Empires III or Microsoft Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends, you may receive one of the following error messages:
Error 1935: An error during installation of an assembly MSXML2 Public key token.
Error 1904.Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\msxml4.dll failed to register. HRESULT - 2147024891. Contact your support personnel.When you try to play or update Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends, you may experience one of the following:
- When you try to move armies, the game goes back to the worldmap.
- You receive the following message in single-player mode: If you click No, you exit the game.
- When you try to apply the game update you receive the following error message:Original files couldn't be found.
Method 1: Download and then install Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0
To resolve this issue, install the game after you download and then install the latest service pack release of Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.0. Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) was formerly known as the Microsoft XML Parser.
For more information about how to download the latest service pack release of Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.0, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Method 2: Remove the Win-tools Easy Installer program
- Remove the Win-tools Easy Installer program from the computer by using an antispyware program. If you do not have an antispyware program, you can download the Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware program. To download the Windows AntiSpyware program, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
After you remove the antispyware programs, remove the installed programs from Control Panel.
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
On Windows Vista, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.
- Under Currently installed programs and updates, see whether the following programs are listed:
- Easy Installer
- System Mechanic
- If one or more of these programs are listed, click to select the program, and then click Change/Remove. If you are prompted to confirm the removal, click Yes.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to remove the program.
- After you remove the programs, try to install Age of Empires III or Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends again.
For more information about these programs, see the program manufacturer.
Article ID: 912072 - Last Review: Sep 28, 2011 - Revision: 1