Note Method 1 and method 2 use options that are displayed for an organization chart or a diagram that was created in Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 or in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003. These options are displayed when you double-click the organization chart object in PowerPoint 2007.
Method 1: Use the "Convert to SmartArt graphic" optionWhen you select this option, the organization chart object is converted to a SmartArt diagram. You can then edit the organization chart object by using the SmartArt graphic tools.
Method 2: Use the "Convert to Shapes" optionWhen you select this option, the organization chart object is converted to a group of shapes and lines. You can then edit the organization chart object by using all the drawing tools that are available.
Note When you use method 1 or method 2 to convert the organization chart or the diagram, the resulting SmartArt graphic or group of shapes resemble the original object. However, they are not identical to the original object.
Method 3: Use the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office ProgramsWhen you double-click an organization chart object that was created in PowerPoint 2000, the organization chart opens in the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office Programs. You can use this add-in to edit and to save the organization chart.
Note When you double-click the object, you may receive the following error message:
- Close all programs that are currently running.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, click the installed version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system and then click Change.
- Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
- Expand Microsoft Office PowerPoint , click the icon next to the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs, and then select Run from My Computer.
- Click Continue.
- Click Close.
- Double-click the organization chart object in PowerPoint 2007 to open the Organization Chart add-in.
To create an organization chart in PowerPoint 2007, follow these steps:
- On the Ribbon, click Insert.
- Click SmartArt.
- Click Hierarchy, click the type of hierarchy chart you want, and then click OK.
Article ID: 913656 - Last Review: Oct 15, 2007 - Revision: 1