Event Source: BizTalk Server 2004
Event Category: BizTalk Server 2004
Event ID: 5410
An error has occurred that requires the BizTalk service to terminate. The most common causes are an unexpected out of memory error and an inability to connect or a loss of connectivity to one of the BizTalk databases. The service will shutdown and auto-restart in 1 minute. If the problematic database remains unavailable, this cycle will repeat.
Error message: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.
- Available memory is fragmented and contiguous memory is unavailable.
- The transformation process has consumed all available memory.
- Split large files into smaller files before you process the files in BizTalk Server 2004.
- Use a custom application to map the large files outside BizTalk Server 2004. Then call the custom application from BizTalk Server 2004.
There is no specific file size threshold where the System.OutofMemoryException error occurs. We recommend that you fully test the following kinds of solutions before you deploy these solutions in a production environment:
- Solutions that contain XML files of 1 megabyte (MB) or more
- Solutions that require the processing of smaller flat files if these files will become larger when they are converted to XML in BizTalk Server 2004
- Solutions that have all the kinds of messages that you expect in the production environment
The following scenarios may also cause System.OutofMemoryException errors:
- Processing large messages by using the Business Rules Engine.
- Processing large messages by using the Microsoft BizTalk Adapter for SQL Server.
- Processing XML messages that contain very large CDATA sections. This issue can occur even when you stream data because CDATA sections cannot be split.
Article ID: 913959 - Last Review: Sep 10, 2008 - Revision: 1