Note Internet Explorer 5.2 for Macintosh and Internet Explorer 5.1 for Macintosh support Distinguished Encoding Rules-encoded (DER-encoded) binary X.509 file formats. These versions of Internet Explorer for Macintosh do not support Base64-encoded X.509 file formats.
- Start Internet Explorer for Macintosh.
- In the Address bar, type the Web address to download the certificate.
Note You can also click a hyperlink on a Web page to download the certificate.
- Click View Certificate Authority.
- Verify the information in the dialog box, click to select the I have verified that the Certificate is not a forgery and I trust the Issuer to verify Internet security check boxes, and then click Accept.
- Type the password for the certificate, and then click OK.
Note You should type a password here and in the steps that follow if you share this computer. If you do not want to use a password, leave the Password box blank.
- Type the password again to confirm the password, and then click OK.
- Type the password for the certificate, and then click OK two times.
Article ID: 914214 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4