Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.1 on a Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)-based computer.
- You upgrade the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) to the MMC 3.0 format.
- You start the MMC. Then, you add the Computer Management (Local) MMC snap-in.
- In the MMC, you expand Computer Management (Local), you expand Services and Applications, you expand Internet Information Services, and then you expand Web Sites.
- You click Default Web Site, and then you click the page that appears in the right pane.
MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC.You receive this error message when you click the Meta Data tab under Analysis Manager in MMC 3.0. Additionally, the content in the right pane does not update as expected.
This is a known problem with the Analysis Manager MMC snap-in. However, this problem is not known to cause any additional problems. If you click the following option in the error message, the Analysis Manager MMC snap-in continues to run:
Continue running and always ignore errors with this snap-in, regardless of user or session.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 915519 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4