Note Historical AA tables were added in GP 10.0 so the scripts work for GP 10.0 and later versions.
Note Make sure to perform all '13' steps listed below. The last step is often missed.
Note If you wish to continue to use Analytical Accounting in one or more of your companies, then do not use the steps below. These steps will remove AA from all of the companies.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and higher versions:
- Make a full backup of the Microsoft Dynamics GP databases. Make sure that this backup does not overwrite an existing backup.
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click
- In the left pane, click Change or Remove Programs.
- Click on the Microsoft Dynamics GP version listed that you have installedand then click Change.
- Click Add/Remove Features.
- In the Select Features window, click Do not install feature in the Analytical Accounting list.
- Click Next, and then click
- In the Installation Complete window, click
- Close the Add Or Remove Programs window.
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and higher versions, download the KB915903_AA_Remove_AACompete_DYNAMICS_10.sql script file, and then save the file to the computer. This script will remove all SQL objects for AA from the Dynamics database. To download the file, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Then download the KB915903_10.sql script file, and then save the file to the computer. This script will remove all SQL objects for AA from the Company database. To download the file, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Execute the scripts that you downloaded in steps 10 and 11.
- Click Start, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server version you have installed, and then click SQL Server Management Studio.
- Log on by using the sa password.
- On the File menu, click
Open, and then click File.
- Locate and then click the KB915903_10.sql script file, click the 'company' database in the list, and then press F5 to run the script.
Note The KB915903_10.sql script must be run against each and all Microsoft Dynamics GP company databases.
- Locate and then click the KB915903_AA_Remove_AAComplete_DYNAMICS_10.sql script file, and then run the script against the 'DYNAMICS' database. To do this, click DYNAMICS in the database list, and then press F5.
- Click Start, point to
- Remove the Product ID for AA from the system tables. To do this, run the following statements against the DYNAMICS database in SQL Server Management Studio:Note "PRODID of '3180'" represents the Analytical Accounting module.
Delete DB_Upgrade where PRODID='3180'
Delete DU000020 where PRODID='3180'