- Your fingerprint is not registered with an account on the computer.
- There is no Windows password for the Windows account.
- Remove the Fingerprint Reader software. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type Appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Under Currently installed programs, click DigitalPersona Password Manager, click Remove, and then click Yes.
- Click Yes to restart the computer.
- Enable the password in Windows. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type control userpasswords2, and then click OK.
- Select the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer check box, and then click OK.
- Reinstall the Fingerprint Reader software. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- Install the software from the original discs.
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site to download and then install the latest version of the Fingerprint Reader software:
- Register your fingerprint.
- Try to use the Fingerprint Reader on the logon screen.