Microsoft strongly recommends that software developers discontinue using the Windows Help application. Software developers who ship programs that rely on .hlp files are encouraged to transition their Help experience to an alternative Help file format, such as CHM, HTML, or XML. For more information see the MSDN article https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms728460(v=vs.85).aspx. While Microsoft develops future Help technologies, we encourage Help authors to continue using HTML Help 1.4. HTML Help 1.4 is included in Windows versions starting with Windows 7.
- WinHlp32.exe for x86-based versions of Windows 8.1
- WinHlp32.exe for x64-based versions of Windows 8.1
- WinHlp32.exe for Windows 8
- WinHlp32.exe for Windows 7
- WinHlp32.exe for Windows Server 2008
- WinHlp32.exe for Windows Server 2008 R2
- WinHlp32.exe for Windows Vista
- Open the links by using Internet Explorer.
- If you see a "Validation Required" message when you open the download page, click Continue, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- When you are prompted to download the file, select the file name that contains "x64" for 64-bit versions of Windows or "x86" for 32-bit versions of Windows. Use the following auto-detection information to make your choice.You are currently using a 32-bit operating system.
- The Windows Help program is not supported in Windows Server 2012 or later versions of Windows Server.
Article ID: 917607 - Last Review: Oct 18, 2016 - Revision: 1