You may receive the following error message in Microsoft Office Word 2003:
Service pack informationThis problem is corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3. To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
After you install the service pack, follow the steps that are listed in the "How to enable the hotfix" section of the article to set the UseQualifiedTableNameForMailMerge registry key and to activate the hotfix.
How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Office 2003 post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package that is dated April 12, 2006. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to enable the hotfixWarning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Exit all Office programs.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- If you are using a 2007 Office suite, locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\CommonIf you are using Office 2003, locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type UseQualifiedTableNameForMailMerge, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click UseQualifiedTableNameForMailMerge, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3.