- No printer is installed.
- An inappropriate printer driver is selected as the default printer.
Method 1: Install a default printerIf your fonts are missing in Word 2007, make sure that a printer driver is installed. You must have a printer driver installed even if there is no printer physically connected to the computer. The fonts that Word 2007 displays in the Font list are based on the specific printer that is installed in Microsoft Windows.
To install a default printer driver, follow these steps:
- Exit all instances of Word 2007. If you use Word 2007 as your e-mail editor, exit Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
- Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
- Click Add a printer.
- In the Add Printer Wizard, click Next.
- Click Local Printer, click to clear the Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer check box, and then click Next.
- If you receive a message that prompts you whether you want to install a printer manually, click Next.
- Click the port that you want to use, and then click Next.
- In the Manufacturerlist, select the appropriate printer manufacturer. In the Printerslist, click the printer model that you want, and then click Next.
- Select any options that you want, and then click Next. Repeat this procedure for each page of the wizard until you reach the end. Then, click Finish.
Method 2: Select an appropriate printer driverIf the fonts are missing in Word 2007, make sure that an appropriate printer driver is selected. An appropriate printer driver may be installed in Windows. However, an inappropriate printer driver may be selected. For example, a fax driver or a generic/text only driver may be set as the default printer. To make sure that you have an appropriate printer driver selected in Word 2007, follow these steps:
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Print.
- In the Namebox, click a printer that is installed on the computer.
NoteFor Word 2007 to correctly display the available fonts on a computer, a printer must be selected even if a printer is not physically connected to the computer.
- Click Closeto close the Printdialog box.
Article ID: 918789 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3