When you try to change a Microsoft Organization Chart 2.0 object in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, in Microsoft Office Excel 2007, or in Microsoft Office Word 2007, you receive one of the following error messages:
- PowerPoint 2007Cannot open this object because the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs is not installed. To open the Microsoft Office Setup dialog box and do a custom installation, in Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs. Organization Chart is located under Microsoft Office PowerPoint.
- Excel 2007Cannot start the source application for this object.
- Word 2007The server application, source file, or item cannot be found. Make sure the application is properly installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved, renamed, or blocked by policy.
This issue occurs if the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs is not installed.
To resolve this issue, install the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- In the Currently installed programs list, click Microsoft Office 2007, and then click Change.
- Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
- Expand Microsoft Office PowerPoint.
- In the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs list, click Run from my computer, and then click Continue.
- Click Close, and then close Add or Remove Programs.