You connect to a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site or to a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 site. When you view a Web page in the site, a Web Part is not displayed on the Web page. Instead, the following error message is displayed:
Web Part Error: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The Web page contains a Web Part for a list view.
- Unique permissions are set for the list.
- You do not have permissions to view the list.
To work around this problem, use one of the following procedures:
- Create an audience in SharePoint Server 2007. Then, target the Web Part to the audience. When you do this, only users who are members of the audience can view the Web Part.
- Use the IRuntimeFilter interface to control whether the Web Part is displayed on the page.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 919550 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4