When you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site, you may receive the following error code:
0x80245003Additionally, you may receive the following error message:
Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type net stop wuauserv, and then press ENTER.
- Type rmdir /s %windir%\softwaredistribution\wuredir, and then press ENTER.
- Type net start wuauserv, and then press ENTER.
- Try to install updates again.
Article ID: 919749 - Last Review: Aug 25, 2008 - Revision: 1