- When you try to install Windows Internet Explorer 7, you may receive an error message that resembles the following: Internet Explorer 7 could not be installed. You must restart your system to confirm that any changes to your system are undone. After restarting, follow the "Internet Explorer Troubleshooting" shortcut on your desktop to get more information.Additionally, when you view the Setupapi.log file, you may see an entry in the log that resembles the following:
- You receive the following error message:iesetup.exe is not a valid win32 application.
- After Internet Explorer 7 is installed, and the computer is restarted, you may receive the following error message: motiveSB.EXE Entry point not found. getprocessimagefilenameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.dll.
- When you view the toolbar, you cannot see the E-mail command. Additionally, you cannot add the E-mail command to the toolbar.
- Internet Explorer 7 closes immediately, and you do not receive an error message.
- When you try to open Internet Explorer 7, you receive the following error message: The Procedure Entry Point InternetGetSecurityInfoByURLw could not be located in the dynamic link library WININET.DLL.
- When you try to open Internet Explorer 7, you receive the following error message: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add on and needs to close.
- When you try to visit an FTP Web site, you receive the following error message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.
- When you click a link or a Web address in Microsoft Outlook Express or in Microsoft Office Outlook, Internet Explorer 7 does not open the Web page.
Article ID: 920082 - Last Review: Oct 22, 2008 - Revision: 1