Error: 15209, Severity: 16, State: 1.
An error occurred during encryption.
- Open My Computer.
- Type C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\Microsoft in the address bar, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click the Protect folder, and then click Properties.
- In the folder Properties dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Under Group or user names, determine whether NETWORK SERVICE is listed. If NETWORK SERVICE is not listed, follow these steps to add this account:
- Click Add to show the Select Users or Groups dialog box.
- Click Locations, select your computer name in the Locations dialog box, and then click OK to return to the Select Users or Groups dialog box.
- Type Network Service in the Enter the object names to select box, and then click Check Names.
- Click OK to close the Select Users or Groups dialog box.
- Click NETWORK SERVICE under Group or user names, and then click to select the Allow check box for Full Control under Permissions for NETWORK SERVICE.
- Click OK to close the folder Properties dialog box.
- Click Retry in the error message dialog box to continue to install SQL Server Express Edition or SQL Server Express Edition with Advanced Services.
Article ID: 920114 - Last Review: Feb 16, 2017 - Revision: 3