- Text that you moved from the first location is marked as deleted text.
- Text that you moved to the new location is marked as inserted text.
- Select the text that you want to move.
- Drag the text to a new location in the same document.
- Open a Word 2007 or Word 2010 document.
- On the Review tab, click Track Changes in the Tracking group.
- In Word 2007: Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
In Word 2010: Click File, and then click Options
- In the left pane, click Advanced.
The Pasting within the same document setting appears under Cut, Copy, and Paste.
Article ID: 920841 - Last Review: Apr 19, 2012 - Revision: 1