- When you resume audio playback after you pause it, the audio playback does not play the audio file from the correct position. Instead, the audio playback resumes from a random position on the audio track.
- You randomly receive the following Stop error message during audio file playback:Stop 0x0000004E
- You randomly receive a Stop error message when you try to capture audio.
Update informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the KB920872 package now.Release Date: August 17, 2006
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo install this update, you must have Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed on the computer.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Note If one or more of the following audio drivers are being used when you install this update, you must restart the computer. This enables the functionality of the following files:
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
File informationThe English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform||Service pack requirement||Service branch|
- Download the update for Windows XP (KB920872). To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Save the package to a local drive. For example, save the package to drive C.
- Click Start, click Run, type C:\WindowsXP-KB920872-x86-ENU.exe /o, and then click OK.
- Enable audio devices
- Enable audio playback
- Allow for the audio device to record audio and to pass the data to programs
Article ID: 920872 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4