CCMExec.log file entry 1CCMExec.log file entry 2Additionally, the Wbemcore.log file may contain an error entry that resembles the following:
- The %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem path variable is not listed in the system path on the client computer.
- The type of the Path registry entry is incorrect on the SMS client computer.
Method 1: Make sure that the %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem variable is listed in the system path on the client computer
- Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Environment Variables.
- Under System variables, click Path, and then click Edit.
- Make sure that %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem is listed in the Variable value box. If this value is not listed, you must add it. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Edit System Variable dialog box, click after the end of text in the Variable value box, and then type the following:;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem
- Click OK three times to save the changes.
- In the Edit System Variable dialog box, click after the end of text in the Variable value box, and then type the following:
Method 2: Set the type of the Path registry entry to REG_EXPAND_SZWarning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
- Make sure that the type of the Path entry is REG_EXPAND_SZ and not REG_SZ. If the type of this entry is REG_SZ, you must copy the path information, delete the existing Path entry, and then create a new entry of type REG_EXPAND_SZ. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Registry Editor, double-click the Path value.
- Right-click the text in the Value data box, click Copy, and then click Cancel.
- Paste the text into a Notepad document.
- In Registry Editor, right-click Path, and then click Delete.
- On the menu bar, click Edit, point to New, and then click Expandable String Value.
- Type Path, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click Path.
- Right-click the Value data box, click Paste, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
928282 How to troubleshoot Advanced Client Push Installation Issues in Systems Management Server 2003 and System Center Configuration Manager 2007
Article ID: 922362 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3