- Open the file RSWebApplication.config file in a text editor. The RSWebApplication.config file is located in the following folder: SQLInstall\MSSQL.X\Reporting Services\ReportManagerNote SQLInstall represents the location where SQL Server 2005 is installed. MSSQL.X represents the instance ID of SQL Server 2005 Report Services.
- Delete the entry in the ReportServerVirtualDirectory tag.
Note You must not delete the ReportServerVirtualDirectory tag. Only remove the value of the ReportServerVirtualDirectory tag.
- In the ReportServerUrl tag, type a fully qualified URL to the report server. For example, use the following format:
- Save the RSWebApplication.config file, and then close the text editor.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Start Internet Services Manager.
- Expand Web Sites, right-click Default Web Site, and then click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, type a static IP address in the IP Address box.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
- Connect to the Report Manager tool.
Article ID: 922656 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3