You paste a picture or a graphic into a picture frame in a SmartArt graphic in any of the Microsoft Office 2007 programs that are listed in the "Applies To" section. When you do this, the picture or the graphic is distorted. The picture or the graphic changes non-proportionally to fill the picture frame.
To work around this behavior, use one of the following methods.
Format the shape of the picture or the graphic
- Right-click the picture or the graphic, and then click Format Shape.
- Click Fill in the left pane, and then use one of the following methods:
- Click Tile picture as texture. This process uses the original, non-distorted picture or graphic as a tile with which to fill the picture frame.
- Adjust the controls under Stretch options. This process restores the picture or the graphic to its original proportions.
Resize the picture frame
- Click the picture or the graphic.
- Adjust the size of the picture frame.