Symptoms of the problem
The Web site supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later versions.
This problem occurs even though Internet Explorer 7 is the most current version of Internet Explorer.
Steps to resolve the problem
Steps to work around the problem
Step 1: Download the User Agent String Utility
To download the utility, follow these steps:
- Click the link that is provided immediately following step 1c.
- In the File Download - Security Warning dialog box, click Run.
- In the Internet Explorer - Security Warning dialog box, click Run when you are asked whether you want to run this software. Then, go to the next step to install the User Agent String Utility.
Release Date: August 4, 2006
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Step 2: Install the User Agent String Utility
- On the Welcome to the User Agent String Utility Setup page in the installation wizard, click Next.
- On the Select Installation Folder page, click Next.
- On the Confirm Installation page, click Next.
The wizard may take a minute or two to install the files.
- On the Installation Complete page, click Close to exit the wizard.
- To start the User Agent String Utility, double-click the User Agent String Utility icon on the desktop.
- In the Internet Explorer User Agent String Utility v2.0 dialog box, click Change Settings.
A browser window opens. You can use this browser window exactly as you use an Internet Explorer 7 window.
- Visit the Web site that does not recognize Internet Explorer 7. When you have finished, close the browser window that was opened by the utility.