- Home users:
- IT professionals:
Note The Kodak Image Viewer may not be listed when you open Add/Remove Windows Components from the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel. To uninstall the Kodak Image Viewer, you may have to edit an .inf file so that you can see the imaging component in Add or Remove Programs. To do this, follow these steps:
- Use any text editor, such as Notepad, to open the following file: %Systemroot%\Inf\Sysoc.inf
- Find the following text in the Sysoc.inf file:imagevue=ockodak.dll,ImagingOcEntry,imagevue.inf,hide,7
- Remove the word "hide" from the text. For example, the edited line from step 2 appears as follows: imagevue=ockodak.dll,ImagingOcEntry,imagevue.inf,,7
- Save the Sysoc.inf file.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Click to clear the check box for the Imaging component, and then click Next. Follow the remaining steps to uninstall the component.
Article ID: 923810 - Last Review: May 15, 2008 - Revision: 1